This article will explain the steps necessary to activate and register an IOMEGA IX 2 or 4 network attached storage device to your EyeSpyPro customer account.
The IX series NAS drives support full motion based JPEG recording as well as scheduled h.264 recording.
First you will have to purchase one of the IX series devices from an iomega distributor. For pricing the MSRP is listed on the Iomega web site. The current recomended part numbers are ix2-200 2TB - 35427 and ix4-200d 4TB - 35430.
1. Unpack the drive and connect to local area network using an Ethernet cable
2. Use the cd or a network discovery tool to locate the drive then connect to it via the standard IOMEGA interface.
3. Locate and press the manage button in the upper right hand corner of the page
4. Select the cloud services button on the left side of the page
5. Select Axis Video Hosting System from the options
6. Press the enable button
***There will be an activation process that displays the MAC address and the Owner Authentication Key upon completion. Make sure you document this number as it is not accessible from any interfaces after you close this window. If you receive a success message and no device information is displayed you can deactivate and activate again.
You must now add the NAS to the subscription
7. Log into your partner account and browse to the manage customers link
8. Locate your customer account and select the details link associated with it
9. Browse to the manage NAS section and select the edit link
10. Type in the total number of NAS devices to allow on this account
11. Select update customer and complete order.
You can now add the device to the user account through the user portal.
12. Login to the user account and select the settings button
13. Select add local storage device and register using the MAC address and the OAK which was displayed in step 6 and you should receive a success message.
*** You must use the MAC address for this registration, the serial number on Iomega devices is a different number and will fail if you attempt to use the serial.
You can now configure up to 8 local cameras to record to this device
14. Select Settings and then select the device you are configuring recordings on
15. Select Configure Triggered recordings
16. Select the trigger, save to, and resolution using the drop down menus
*** When recording to the NAS you can use full resolution and frame rate supported by the camera. The higher resolution and frame rate used the faster this device will consume storage.
17. Press Add Triggered Recording
***This same process can be done using the “Configure scheduled recordings from the device page.
You have now configured recordings to be stored on the NAS. To access these recordings you will find entries in the standard recordings page that will display a status bar.
When the play button is pressed a normal preview will take place; however when you select AVI or MP4 to download the clip it will upload to the server and then download in full frame rate and resolution.
EyeSpyPro.com 101 S. Coit Rd., Suite 36-235, Richardson, TX 75080 USA
Phone: 1-949-791-7904 - FAX: 1-800-862-6120
All clients who purchase from this website agree to all terms and conditions in our Shipping, Returns/Cancellations, Payments, and Warranty links above.
With thousands of products, and dozens of suppliers, there is no guarantee your product will be in stock when you order it, so if its critical you need it right away, please call us @ 1-949-791-7904 before you make your order to confirm it is available and not out of stock or backordered.
Make sure you call us if you have any questions about selecting the correct product to fit your needs before you order, as any custom built hidden cameras, open software or fluid detection devices, boxes with the seal broken, vehicle trackers, and bug detectors are not refundable or returnable unless defective. We are here to assist you, and if you have ANY questions, please call us before you order @ 1-949-791-7904.
30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee: If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return it for an exchange or a credit towards any other product within 30 Days,
no questions asked. In order to provide you with high quality products, we do not issue any refunds unless the product arrives defective.
Not responsible for typographical or illustrative errors. Prices, specifications, and images are subject to change without notice.
EyeSpyPro is not responsible for any shipment that is seized by any Government Customs or Border Protection Agency. We are not responsible for any duties, import fees, taxes, VAT charges, or any other fee that you are charged to ship it to you.
Any camera that is not advertised as a day/night, low light, or low lux camera will not perform well in low light, and not at all in the dark. Make sure you know what you are ordering before you order it, and feel free to call us @ the number above or send us an email using the Contact link above.
Do not buy any infrared illuminator if your camera is not an IR camera. It has to have a removable IR-Cut filter that slides out of the way at night for the camera to recognize the IR.
Shipping prices are for one small item. If you order more than one small item, including complete systems, we will adjust the order and charge the actual shipping price.
EyeSpyPro.com does not endorse any of our products for illegal activities. EyeSpyPro.com is not responsible or liable in any way for any damage, vandalism, theft, or any other action that may occur while a EyeSpyPro.com product is in use by the purchaser.