This Edic-mini Tiny A31 is the worlds smallest high quality, digital audio recorder that can record up to 300 total hours of audio in the internal flash memory.
The Edic-mini series of digital video recorders (DVR's), are the smallest, most discrete, and provide the best audio recording quality of anything on the market. Now even smaller, the Edic-mini Tiny A31 is smaller than its predecessor, which holds the Guinness Book of Records title.
The Edic A31 is in stock in the USA and shipping.
The Edic-mini Tiny A31 has a built in rechargeable battery of the Edic-Mini Tiny A31 will record for up to 25 straight hours per battery charge, 140 hours in voice activation mode, and 5 months in stand-by mode. It has only one button, so even you can use it.
600 and 1200 hour units can be made to order, call us to inquire; 1-877-339-3779
Edic A31 is powered from Li-Pol rechargeable battery. It has one button control on the side of the case. To upload the recordings from the recorder onto a computer use a shipped USB cable, which is on the delivery set. The recorder's case has a ring that allows to use the digital voice recorder as a key trinket.
CAUTION: All Edic models with internal batteries require the device to be frequently charged, like your mobile phone. If you are not using your Edic with internal batteries, its mandatory you charge it at least 1x per week. It is not designed to be put in a drawer for 6 months and used. The battery can't handle it. If you only need a recorder occasionally, go with a model that has a removable battery that you can pick-up at Target or any store with watch batteries.
Here are some actual Edic Mini A31 Samples: Right click to download to your desktop.
The digital audio recorder can be connected to PC via a USB port with the supplied cable. With the supplied software, working under Windows 2000/XP OS, makes it possible:
- To save the recorded messages as standard sound files
- To set the DVR parameters
- To use the DVR as a flash-disc of 128-2048 MB, depending on a model, as well as to store and transfer files.
- There is an opportunity to update the DVR firmware using the software.
Specifications of the Edic-mini Tiny A31:
- Metal case:
- Dimensions: 1.14 x .47 x .59 inch (29х12х15 mm)
- Weight: .211 oz (6 grams)
- Operating temperature range: 0…+40˚ C (32…+104˚F)
- Recording duration: from 300 to 1200 hours
- Recording mode: mono
- Battery life in record mode (sampling rate 8 K Hz, without compression): 25 hours
- Battery life in record mode with VAS (audio signals below threshold): 140 hours
- In stand-by mode: up to 5 months
- Power supply: Li-Pol rechargeable battery 75 mAh
- Data transfer rate to PC: Via USB cable
- USB cable
- Software CD
The Edic-mini Tiny A31 is different than other recorders because:
- High quality recording
- Low power consumption
- Built-in USB interface (exchange speed up to 0.7 Mb/sec)
- High sensitivity microphone
- Wide frequency band
- Simplified functionality (recording only, the recorder does not have a headphones' connector, to play the recordings back you need a computer) and a one control button, the recorder's LED indicates recorder's operating modes
- Long recording duration (from 150 to 1,200 hours depending on memory capacity)
- Password protection
- Voice Activation System
- Timer to turn recording on
- Digital signature of recordings
About The Edic-mini Tiny Series
The Edic-mini Tiny series voice recorders are professional devices intended for making high quality recordings of voice messages into the built-in flash memory. You can playback the recorded messages using headphones, and save them into your PC as standard sound files.
The Edic-mini Tiny voice recorders are of an extremely small size and weight, and one holds the Guinness book of records for the worlds smallest. They all have a long recording time, autonomous operation (up to 120 hours), wide dynamic range, and a highly sensitive built-in microphone. Having no moving parts, these covert audio recorders are able to function within a wide range of temperatures, under strong vibration and dustiness.
Models of the Tiny series can be connected to a PC via the USB port with the supplied cable. The supplied software, now embedded into the device, works under Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 OS, making it possible to save the recorded messages as standard sound files, to set parameters of the device, to use the recorder as a flash-disc of 1-8 GB, depending on a model, as well as to store and transfer files. There is an opportunity to update the firmware using the interface.
Edic-Mini Tiny Specifications:
- Dimensions: 1.14 x .47 x .59 inch (29х12х15 mm).
- Recording time: 300 hours
- Battery life: up to 25 hours of straight audio, 140 hours in voice activated mode, and 5 months in voice activated mode.
- Built-in microphone sensitivity: 7-9 meters.
- Signal/noise ratio: - 64 dB.
- Frequency band: 100-10000 Hz.
- Sampling rate: from 5.5 to 22 K Hz.
- 4 compression modes: without compression, u-law (64 K bit/sec), ADPCM2, ADPCM4 (16K bit/sec).
- Current consumption:
- In recording mode at 3V voltage: 2 mA,
- In VAS mode: 200 microA,
- In stand-by mode: 50 microA.
Supply voltage: 1-1.5 V or 2.7-3.3 V.
- Recording into built-in flash memory.
- Linear and loop recording modes.
- Mono or Stereo mode (Stereo mode is supported by the model “Stereo-M”).
- Password protection.
- Watermark protection.
- Built-in real time clock.
- Timer record.
- USB1.1 interface connection to a PC.
- Flash-drive mode.
- Power supply from batteries, Li-Pol rechargeable battery or sunlight battery.
Recording time depending on a model (sample rate 8 kHz, 2-bit ADPCM)
||Built-in flash memory size
Edic-mini Tiny A31 Product files
If you have a new unit, do not update any firmware, as you will have the current version.
RecManager 2.9.14. October, 2010
Software Upgrade for Windows Vista, Windows7 & Windows ХР (SP2, SP3). RecManager and ImageWriter. January, 2011
Updater 9.9 for models, powered by rechargeable batteries. May, 2009
Updater 11.7 compatible with Windows Vista, Windows7 & Windows XP (SP2, SP3). January, 2011
Downgrade for modes, powered by rechargeable batteries. August 2010
RecManager Manual. Version August, 2010
Software Upgrade Instructions
Soundprocessor user manual
Operational manual. September, 2010
Series catalogue file
A31 Supplement. Version May, 2009
For personal use only, please note that unless you are a PI or in Law Enforcement, it is illegal in 12+ states to record audio without all parties knowledge, and you can check the individual state laws on recording conversations here. You should always consult an attorney if you plan to record conversations.
Model: T-AR-T-A31 - Edic-mini Tiny A31 Worlds Smallest Covert Digital Audio Recorder