The Car Alarm Key Chain Hidden Video Camera can accept up to 16GB of optional memory, and looks just like a real car alarm key chain, though inside you will find a color camera, microphone, and digital video recorder that is activated by a push of a button.
The Keychain Car Alarm Video Recorder takes huge 720 x 480 video at near real time 30 frames per second.
This video keychain camera comes without memory, and you can add up to 8GB of optional memory. With the optional 8GB SD card, It records 70-80 minutes of video until the battery runs out.
This is the high resolution version with clear audio. On eBay and Amazon, you will find other people are selling a lower quality version with blurry video and poor audio with lots of strange noises. Don't be fooled!
Check out the sample clips below to see how clear the video is with very clear audio.
Wow is all we can say after reviewing the newest hidden video surveillance camera, the micro car alarm key chain hidden video camera!
This tiny key chain camcorder is disguized as a car alarm activator, and records 720 x 480 video @ 30 fps, and is also a 1.2 megapixel camera that takes large 1.2 Megapixel photographs , in a package that is 2 inches x 1.25 inches x .5 inches.
The latest version has improved audio over the older version. No whines, high pitches, or industrial noize in the background; you get super clear audio, and clear video 70 minutes of straight video with 4GB of memory.
We also posted new pics & videos below to right click & download. The latest version is all black like this. We will update the rest of the photo's and video tomorrow.
The Car Alarm Key Chain Hidden Video Camera is perfect for hidden surveillance, and records color video and sound without anyone knowing. It's so small, it's easy to film field surveilance video of your subject. It's not HD video, so it will be a little blurry, however, we found that the key chain DVR is the most discrete way to film field surveillance video. You are holding your keychain; no one has any clue, unless you are a goofball and pointed it right in someones face.
If you need to record hidden video for any reason, now you can hold an innocent looking key chain video recorder, and start recording decent video or photos, with rich color, with the push of a button. There is no vibration, so you can tell it's working with the tiny status light.
- Apple computer & Quicktime compatible, as well as PC
- No wires, cables, or cords
- Clear 720 x 480 color video
- Clear audio recordings
- Large 1280 x 960 JPG photographs
- Two button pushes to photograph or start recording video
- Optional 4-8-16GB of memory records 70 minutes of straight video
If you are looking for a hidden camera that does not require a degree to operate, or a ton of equipment, check out this Car Alarm Key Chain Hidden Video Camera. Charge it up for 3 hours, and you can record about 70 minutes of straight video. There is no motion detection, it's just straight video.
The Key Chain DVR hidden video camera is activated by pushing one of the buttons for 2 seconds. Push it again for 3 seconds to stop recording. That's it! How simple can you get? Or push the button briefly for still photographs. This is perfect for reporters, private investigators, law enforcement, insurance adjusters, concerned parents or spouses.
When you are finished, hook up the included USB cable to your PC to upload the video.
It's very discrete and we feel this is THE most discrete way to record hidden video out of any of our other hidden cameras.
Here is the old YouTube video with the silver buttons. All of our Car Alarm Key Chain Hidden Video Camera now have black buttons like the picture above:
Here are raw videos & photopraphs of the Car Alarm Key Chain Hidden Video Camera:
Operating instructions for the Car Alarm Key Chain Hidden Video Camera:
- Charge the key chain camcorder for 3 hours with the included USB cable to your Mac or PC.
- Press the ON/OFF button for approximatly 2 seconds until the yellow status light appears. You are in stand-by mode, and you can either take photographs, or movies.
- To shoot movies, hold the VIDEO/CAMERA button down for 3 seconds. The light will blink 3x, and will turn off. You are now recording video. To stop, press the VIDEO/CAMERA button once. The status light will turn back to solid yellow.
- You can either start recording video again by holding the VIDEO/CAMERA button down for 3 seconds, or take a photograph.
- To take a photograph, press the VIDEO/CAMERA button once. The status light will blink 1x, while it's taking the photo. Continue to push the VIDEO/CAMERA to take additional photographs.
- Now you can either take more video, or turn the unit off by pressing the ON/OFF button once.
The Car Alarm Key Chain Hidden Video Camera
Open box DVR Keychain
Key Chain DVR
Tiny Hidden Video Recorder
Mini DVR Conrols
What you get!
Changing the Time/Date for the Car Alarm Key Chain Hidden Video Camera:
- Create a text file in either Text Edit for Apple, or Note Pad on the PC.
- Type in your current date as follows in Military or 24hour time. For our example, we will use June 9th, 2009 @ 8:10 pm. Enter the date as year, month, date, hour, minute, second: 2009.06.09 20:10:00
- Using the highlited date above, save the file as TAG.txt and drag to the main directory for the camera from the desktop.
- Eject the key chain video camera by clicking the green arrow in the lower right corner of your monitor, or right clicking on a Mac and ejecting. Your next movie will have the correct time/date. It does not record on the photos.
Model: M-KC-640SD - Car Alarm Key Chain Hidden Video Camera