The EyeSpyPro.com Hosted Video Service is a great way to quickly set up a video surveillance camera at your home or business, and not have to buy or hassle with recording equipment or software. All you do is register the camera, power it and plug it in your router with Internet access, and you are recording. On new cameras, we pre-register it for you. If you have one of the supported AXIS network cameras, this article will help you get up & running quickly.
The EyeSpyPro.com Hosted Video Service will only work with the AXIS Network cameras on this link.
How to register a camera:
The process of registering a camera can be fairly straight-forward, provided that you have the correct information for your camera ahead of time. Here is what you will need:
1. The camera’s serial number (can be found on the bottom of the camera)
2. The camera’s Owner Authentication Key (OAK) (if this is a non-One Click camera, or if you use the “one-click” method)
Many newer Axis cameras are now being produced with the One-Click firmware. This firmware will allow them to perform in a hosted or non-hosted environment. Check with your camera distributor or EyeSpyPro.com to find out if your camera has the One-Click firmware. All other cameras should follow the standard procedure.
1. First, access the camera locally using your web browser. If you do not have the local IP of the camera, you can discover it using Axis’ IP Utility.
2. The page you should now see is the default splash screen for hosted cameras. A message on screen will say, “This camera is part of a hosted video system…”. If you do not see this screen, the camera may not have the correct firmware.
3. Log into your EyeSpyPro.com user account.
4. Click “Settings”, then “Add Camera”. You may now add the camera with the serial number and OAK for this camera.
5. The server will process your request, reaching out to the dispatch servers to both register your camera there and to reconfigure your camera to connect to your Secure-i user portal.
For One-Click cameras:
One-Click cameras can be registered using one of two methods. The “one-click” method is designed for quickly registering a camera that you have physical access to. The “always on” method is slightly more involved, but requires only browser access to the camera to register.
The “One-click” Method:
1. This method should be used for cameras you are installing directly after unboxing them (or have been factory reset). You must have physical access to the camera and you must have the camera OAK.
2. Power on the camera.
3. Press the camera’s control button until the status LED blinks green to signify that the camera is ready to be registered. Note: Once registered the camera stays connected to the AVHS service. If the camera is not registered within 24 hours after the button is pressed, the camera will disconnect from the AVHS service.
4. Log into your EyeSpyPro.com user account.
5. Click “Settings”, then “Add Camera”. You may now add the camera with the serial number and OAK for this camera.
The “Always On” Method:
1. You will need local network access to the camera for this method.
2. Access the camera locally using your web browser. If the camera prompts you to set a root password, do so. Note: the password should be unique. Avoid using generic names like “pass” or “root”.
3. Click on System Options -> Network
4. Under “Enable AVHS”, select “Always On”
5. The camera will now reach out to the dispatchers, and should be available for registration after about a minute.
6. Log into your EyeSpyPro.com user account.
7. Click “Settings”, then “Add Camera”. You may now add the camera with the serial number and root password that you set.
If you are having problems, submit a support ticket here.